Before you start shopping for wedding guest dresses Canada, it’s important to understand the different dress codes that may be listed on the invitation. Generally, wedding dress codes in Canada range from casual to formal. Some common dress codes include:
- Casual: This dress code usually means you can wear something comfortable and casual. For example, a sundress or khakis and a button-up shirt for men.
- Semi-Formal: This dress code usually means a cocktail dress or suit and tie for men.
- Formal: This dress code usually means a long evening gown or formal suit for men.
It’s important to follow the dress code listed on the invitation, as it’s a sign of respect for the couple and their wedding.
Choosing the Right Dress for the Venue
The venue of the wedding can also help you decide what kind of dress to wear. For example, if the wedding is taking place on a beach, you may want to choose a flowy maxi dress in a light fabric. If the wedding is taking place in a formal ballroom, a long evening gown may be more appropriate.
It’s also important to consider the weather when choosing a dress. Canada’s weather can be unpredictable, so it’s a good idea to bring a shawl or jacket to keep warm. You may also want to choose a dress with sleeves for cooler weather.
Finding the Right Style for You
When it comes to choosing the right wedding guest dress, it’s important to find a style that makes you feel comfortable and confident. There are many different styles to choose from, such as:
- A-line dresses: These dresses are fitted at the top and flare out at the waist, creating a classic and feminine silhouette.
- Shift dresses: These dresses are simple and streamlined, making them a great choice for a more casual wedding.
- Maxi dresses: These dresses are long and flowy, perfect for an outdoor wedding or a boho-chic vibe.
- Cocktail dresses: These dresses are more formal than a shift dress, but less formal than a long evening gown. They’re a great choice for a semi-formal wedding.
- Jumpsuits: These are a great option for someone who wants to wear pants but still look dressy. They can be dressed up or down depending on the wedding dress code.
Choosing the Right Colour
When it comes to choosing the right colour for your wedding guest dress in Canada, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the season. For example, pastel colours are great for a spring or summer wedding, while darker colours like navy or burgundy are more appropriate for a fall or winter wedding. It’s also important to consider the wedding colours. You don’t want to clash with the bridesmaids or the decor. If you’re not sure what colours the wedding will have, you can always ask the bride or groom.