Whether or not you are still harboring feelings for your ex boyfriend, there are five good reasons why you should send him your engagement invitations with photo. Even if he doesn’t show up to the wedding, sending him a formal invitation will let him know that you have moved on and are starting a new chapter in your life. Plus, it’s always fun to see the look on his face when he gets the invite! 😉
Should I Invite My Ex to My Engagement?
Breaking up with someone is never easy. It’s hard to let go of the past, especially if you had strong feelings for that person. But, sometimes it’s necessary in order to move on with your life.
If you’re recently engaged, you may be wondering if you should invite your ex boyfriend to your engagement party. After all, he was a big part of your life at one point. Here are five reasons why you should send him an invitation:
1. He was a big part of your life – Even though you’re not together anymore, there’s no denying that your ex boyfriend was a big part of your life. Why not include him in this next big step?
2. He might be happy for you – Just because you’re not together doesn’t mean he’s not happy for you and your new fiance. In fact, receiving an invitation to your engagement party might be the closure he needs to finally move on. You may give him a protocol using wedding table cards so he feels comfortable.
3.It’s the nice thing to do – If you were on good terms with your ex boyfriend when you broke up, then it’s only polite to invite him to your engagement party. After all, he was once an important person in your life.
4. He might bring a date – If you’re worried about your ex boyfriend showing up to your engagement party alone, don’t be! He might actually bring a date, which will take some of the pressure off of you and your fiance.
5.It’s a chance to reconnect – If you’ve been thinking about your ex boyfriend since you broke up, then this is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with him. Who knows, you might even realize that you’re still in love with him!
Overall, there are a lot of reasons why you should send your ex-boyfriend your engagement invitations. So, if you’re on the fence about it, go ahead and take the leap!
Exes can never be friends: The psychology of why you should never stay friends with an ex
1. There’s a reason you broke up – If you and your ex-boyfriend broke up, there was probably a reason for it. And, if you’re still friends with him, that reason is probably going to come up again. So, it’s best to just move on and forget about him.
2. You’re not over him yet – If you’re still friends with your ex boyfriend, chances are you’re not over him yet. It’s important to give yourself time to heal before you try to be friends with him again. Otherwise, you’re just setting yourself up for more pain.
3. He’s not over you either – Just like you’re not over him, he’s probably not over you either. So, if you’re still friends with him, chances are he’s just using you to get over the breakup.
4. It’s awkward – Let’s face it, it’s always going to be awkward when you run into your ex boyfriend. But, if you’re still friends with him, that awkwardness is only going to increase.
5.You have new relationships – If you’re still friends with your ex boyfriend, it’s going to be difficult to move on and start new relationships. After all, your ex is always going to be in the back of your mind.
Reasons To Send Your Ex Boyfriend Your Engagement Invitations:
1) It’s a polite way to let him know about your upcoming nuptials
2) He may be happy for you and your new fiance
3) You can use it as an opportunity to reconnect
4) It’s a nice way to include someone who was once an important part of your life
5) He might bring a date, which takes some of the pressure off of you! 🙂
There are a lot of reasons why you should send your ex-boyfriend your engagement invitations. So, if you’re on the fence about it, go ahead and take the leap! It might just be the best decision you ever make.